Sunday, December 10, 2006

We're Back!

So I would say that our trip to Boston and New York was very successful. I had such a good time. Jeff had to work, so the only thing he really enjoyed was New York. I spent the rest of the days shopping with Donovan. We were lucky to leave Clara with Stacey, who she absolutely loves!!
Donovan and I arrived in Boston on Wednesday the 29th later in the evening. Jeff was actually staying in a smaller town about 30 min west of Boston, so we rented a car and headed that way. I guess I need to ask for better directions because I soon learned that Boston's highways can be a little confusing!! Plus...there were toll booths everywhere! It was weird to have to pay to drive on a road, but I guess it's because their roads are so old, that they just need lots of work. The price you pay for visiting such a beautiful area that is so full of history. It didn't take long to get into the swing of things. First thing in the morning, I was out shopping!! I headed to the outlet mall first. It was about 25 minutes from the hotel and it only took me about 2 hours to find it!! Again...confusing roads. It was so worth it though! I absolutely loved it there. THey had everything, except a gymboree outlet, but that is probably a good thing! I found some CRAZY good deals. I wish I had more money because I found so much stuff I liked there. I had so much fun that Donovan and I headed back the next day. There was a mall that was close to our hotel so I stopped there for a quick peek. The Gymboree there was absolutely packed full of stuff and everything was a stupid good deal. I really had a hard time leaving that store, but I didn't have lots of money to spend there, so I had to limit myself to very little. The mall had Pottery Barn Kids, it had Janie and Jack, it had Hollister and tons of other stores that I was so happy to see. I am so jealous that I don't have these stores. After the mall I headed to Target. That store was even better than I remembered. I wish we had Target up here. The things I wanted most were quite large so they would never have fit into my suitcase. Oh well.
Then was our trip to New York. What a great time that was. We honestly had one of the best times of our lives! I would really love to go back there. What an incredible city, just full of amazing things! When we were first driving in I was so nervous and scared that we would be jumped or something. Once I got a feel for the place, I felt so safe. There are so many people that I don't imagine much could happen to you. I felt so safe that I had no problem walking down the streets of Manhattan by myself at 10pm. What a great place. I just hope I can go back sometime. We were only there for a short time so we didn't get to see everything we wanted, but maybe one day we will have the chance again. I am just so grateful for the opportunity.
Once back in Framingham, the town we stayed in, I was right back to shopping. That was my whole purpose of the trip, and I sure got that job done right!! They have the best shopping there.
Now the most important part. Donovan. He is an absolutely amazing little boy. THere is no way that I could have asked for more from this little guy. I was a little nervous about flying with him, but he had no problems. We had 4 flights in total and on one of the flights he whined for like 2 minutes and that was all. He slept for most of the flights and when he was awake he had no problem being on my lap. What an absolutel angel. Shopping was a breeze with him, no problems, he would sleep when he was tired and he would play when he was awake. He had no problem being confined to the stroller. Honestly he was SO INCREDIBLE. In New York, he slept in the backpack when he got tired, he slept in the fancy resteraunt we went to for dinner and he never complained about being stuck in the backpack. Truly...there is nothing more that anyone could ask from a baby. He had some fun too, he learned how to pull himself up on the crib in the hotel, so now he is pulling himself up on everything! He climbed into Jeff's suitcase and just laughed, it was so cute!!
All I have left to say is I can't wait until June when Jeff may possibly be going back to Boston for another 2 weeks! I sure hope so because I would love to go back!! There is so much I would like to see!!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i love being the first to comment! how fun!!!! seriously your trip sounds like it was great. i'd love to go there andi'd love to see all your purchases!! :) donovan is such a sweet little boy! such cute pics of him too.
man i miss you guys! we'll have to get together lots during the holidays. every time we go shopping ella says "i see clara, i see donban, i see berta?" she'll be sooo happy when i can actually tell her yes! loveya

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you were able to go. I would love to. Your little boy is so cute. We need together. Hope you have a merry christmas. gail