Friday, March 23, 2007

Donovan Turns 1

I can't believe that my baby turns 1 today. It has been a year full of love and lots of fun. He is such a happy baby and we are a lucky family to have him a part of it. He is always smiling a big cheesy smile, that is sure to make anyone else smile. Everywhere I go I get comments from people that he is the happiest baby they have ever seen. He truly is. That smile of his is just pure love and it means more to me than words can describe. I will never forget his first smile. He was in the hospital when he was about 4 weeks old. I remember feeling so discouraged that my poor baby was suffering and was so sick, and he wasn't getting any better. His second day there he looked up at me and smiled. It was like he knew that was the comfort I needed. I remember the doctor telling me that he was too young to smile and it was probably gas, but I knew there was more than gas behind that smile of his. A couple of days later the doctor came in and asked me if I could get him to smile. Sure enough he did, and the doctor told me that smile was more than a smile, it was a milestone and that meant that Donovan was on the right track. What a blessing a smile can be. Donovan is so calm and so fun to be around. Clara loves him to death and is always kissing him and trying to play with him. Sometimes she will read him stories. Sometimes she will talk to him like he is her age and can talk back. Donovan just adores her, I see him watching her sometimes, just sitting there, staring at her, watching her every move. I hope they grow up to be close so they can share good times and bad. Donovan is such a boy, getting into everything, tearing things apart and making a mess wherever he goes. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him and what great things he will do.
Happy birthday Dono
We love you to pieces!!




5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Donovan! Roberta that was such a cute slideshow! He is such a cute baby! So adorable! I can't believe how teeny he was. And he's so smiley! You have beautiful kids!

Alysha Sladek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONOVAN!!!! He;s just soo adorable and really is the happiest baby I've seen. I can't believe he's a year already. He's done so well considering he had such a rocky start. You'd never even know! Ahhh I just love him to pieces!!! The slideshow was adorable!!!

Laura Leavitt said...

Happy birthday Donovan. What a cute boy. I loved the slideshow- and loved the song choice. I felt all teary watching it. Haveing kids is the best thing in the enitre world......

Christy said...

Wow how time flies. I cant beleive he is a year. It only gets better.

FamiLee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To your cute little boy! It is so fun isn't it?! I can't believe how fast a year goes. I am so glad that he is healthy and so happy! What a blessing.