We spent August long weekend this year at my Aunt's cabin in Shuswap. The drive was just a little too long for us, but other than that it was a great trip. The weather was perfect, it wasn't too hot. We enjoyed the company, it is always nice to visit with family. The kids loved the freedom. Their yard is huge and the kids had so much fun just running around the yard. Clara spent all day swinging on the swings. She would hurry and eat her breakfast every morning so she could go play outside on the swings. Then she would buckle herself into the swing and cry for someone to come help her get out. It was really cute. Donovan was happy just running around. When it came time to play in the lake, Clara was too chicken. She got about knee deep in the water before screaming to get out. Donovan was all over it, he probably would have walked right off the dock into the water and it wouldn't have phased him. It was nice to spend some time away from home with the kids. The next post will be about the time we spent away from home without the kids in VEGAS!! I am so excited, so stay tuned!!



I was trying to set the kids up so I could take a nice picture of the four of us. I sat the kids down and took a couple of shots and was getting the camera set up for the rest of us and Clara started screaming really loud and out of control. She threw something on the ground and when we looked down we saw that it was a wasp. She was stung 3 times. Poor girl. Needless to say, I made sure I took care of that wasp, it wasn't going to sting anyone again.
She handled it really well, but it was really sad. I think I was almost as upset as she was. I just felt so bad to see my little girl so sad. They swelled up a little but by morning there wasn't much left of her stings and within 24 hours you could hardly tell they were there. I am grateful for that.
She handled it really well, but it was really sad. I think I was almost as upset as she was. I just felt so bad to see my little girl so sad. They swelled up a little but by morning there wasn't much left of her stings and within 24 hours you could hardly tell they were there. I am grateful for that.
3 comments:
sounds like a fun getaway! it makes me soooo sad to hear about the wasp. ooooo i hurt for her!! those things REALLLLY hurt!! poor girl!
great pictures! are you just loving your camera??
oh and have a blast in vegas!!
fun! i love shuswap! driving that far with kids does stink though! i hate driving! i also hate wasps! they are a menace to the world. they hold no purpose in my eyes! poor clara! she was pretty brave!
Post a Comment