Well I feel like a baby, but it really has been a tough week for me. We had to make a really hard decision, but we know it's the right one. We listed our new house today in hopes that we can sell it in a reasonable amount of time. It is so tough for me because this is the house we built for us. We put everything we wanted into this house and besides the fact that it is WAY too big for us, it is everything we could ever need. However, we just couldn't sell our last house, and paying two mortgages is just not going to work for the rest of our lives. We figure we can't sell our last house, hopefully we can sell this one. We know we are going to take a loss on it, but hopefully not too much. Good thing is, we are young and will easily bounce back from this in a few years. Although, I have to admit, it will be really personal to me when some one has something bad to say about this house, as I truly love everything about this place. In the end, it's just a house and we are extremely grateful that we are so blessed to have everything we have and that we have a great house to move back to. Here's hoping that our house sells! I will miss living so close to a couple of really good friends but hope that we will find the time for each other even if we don't live as close anymore.Just when I was thinking the worst part about my week was losing my house, I had a wake up call. My grandma fell and seriously hurt herself. My grandparents are extremely healthy for their age, but every now and then, something happens that reminds me they are getting older and I need to treasure all the time I have left with them. It has made me realize that I don't dedicate enough time to them, and I don't spend enough time helping my kids get to know them. My new goal is to spend more time with them and help them out more than I do. I take for granted that I have them in my life and I want my kids to remember their great grandma and grandpa long after they are gone. They are great people and very entertaining to be around.
Now I can't just post negative things, especially since I haven't posted in so long. So here are some things from this week that I am grateful for.

I am grateful for my kids. I love them so very much and I had so much fun planning Donovan's Cars birthday party this week. I can't believe my baby is 3!

I am so happy for a loving husband who does so much for me and our family. He truly is the best husband I could ask for. I am so grateful he has such and amazing job that pays him so well and provides him with great opportunities.
I am grateful for family. I love that Jeff has such a large family and I know that we can count on them for anything. I have spent the last few days watching 2 of our nephews and they have taught me so much. It has been a lot of fun getting to know them a little better. Although, I must admit, I am grateful that they have been as good as they have been. They sure have made it easy for us.
I am grateful that one of my very best friends has bought a house in the city again. I have missed her so much and I am so excited to have her back! I feel so selfish saying that, but I honestly am extremely happy about it! Edmonton's loss, my gain! I am also grateful that we might be living in neighboring communities, it sure makes it a lot easier to move.
Turns out I have a lot more things to be grateful for then to complain about! So I will just quit complaining now!
7 comments:
That's the first thing I thought when I read about your move...you'll be close to alysha!!! and that should make you both happy!! :) i'm happy you're coming back to our side too. I AM sad for you though, that you're leaving your home. That is really tough!!! And I'm so sorry about your grandma, I really hope she recovers quickly. I know what you mean about spending time with them, I feel like I learned too late about that when my grandma got sick and passed away. i miss her SOO much and i appreciate her way more now and wish i spent more time with her when i could have. anyway, i'm glad you can learn your lesson now and can "fix" things. :)
ps. SO GOOD TO SEE A POST!!!!!! :D
So nice to see a new post. I am so sorry for you, I would be so sad too, to leave my dream house. But understandably it will be for the best. It will be so nice for you though to be close to Alysha, I am so excited for you! I know how nice it is to move back and be close to your best friend :) Hope your Grandma gets better.
that is nuts. That would be a tought week. It is funny how life does not always turn out the way we plan it too. I know how that one feels. I bet you will love being back in the NW close to everyone. Things always turn out good in the end though...and you won't have as much to clean in a smaller place...yay for that. I know how you feel about your Granparents. I feel like I don't see mine as much as I would like..and my kids too. Chantel calls my Grandma Leavitt..." Great Grandma with the ice-cream store" She needs to know more about her then the fact that she give Chantel ice-cream...lol...sorry for the novel. I love the pictures of you and your family. You are such a beautiful family.
first of all, i'm SO happy to see a new post!!!! I miss seeing updates on here, so thank you!
2nd, i'm sad that you're moving from "your" house, but i'm a little selfish and SUPER happy that you'll be close to me! I hope it sells quickly so you don't have to be out all the time for showings (that's NO fun!) i hope your grandma's doing alright. it's always scary. i saw my gramma a couple weeks ago and seeing her made me realize that she wont be with us too much longer and i want my kids to know her.
Hey Roberta,
What?! That is sad to have you leave the south. Please come back and visit with Alysha I hardly even got to see ya down here. Hope everything works out for you and your family. Those pics of your kids are dang cute.
I'm so sorry. I know you love that house. It's kind of bittersweet though, right? I hope your Grandma is doing better. Good luck!
Post a Comment