Monday, August 30, 2010

Kids room

I should be sleeping, but I am not. I wish I was able to, but sleep has already become a thing of the past for me. Luckily, I must be in that nesting stage because I still have quite a bit of energy throughout the day and have been accomplishing so much lately. This weekend we set up the babies room, I made a bunch of freezer meals, made tons of muffins, reorganized the bonus room and still had time for a date with my husband! I don't see sleep coming anytime soon, so hopefully this energy lasts a while longer, I still have a few things to tackle on my to do list.

I started this project in January I think. At the time I wasn't even pregnant, wasn't really thinking of being pregnant, and was really excited to make a fun room for the kids. The room that is now the babies room was going to be the kids playroom....well now it is another project that I am working on!

This was Donovan's room, it was all blue and had a truck theme. When the kids begged to share a room so they could have bunk beds, we decided, why not? Then I started thinking, what is a gender neutral theme? This is all I could come up with. Thankfully the internet is full of resources and it all pulled together nicely.

I am not an artist, but I found this awesome website that sends you outlines for murals. All you have to do is trace them and paint them. I traced the room in January, painted a little and then decided to have another baby. Well....I did not work again on this room until July I think. Now that I am feeling a lot better, I have been able to complete it and the kids are really happy about that! I am pretty proud of myself too, it was a lot of work, but SO worth it!


I love the window valences. I have since put one on the other window. I found some bamboo and rafia and went at it. It was actually a lot of fun making these.

The mural had no sun anywhere....I figured we couldn't have a beach room without the sun, right? Well I was SO excited when I found this sun light. It is perfect for their room!

I have started the babies room. Jeff painted the room for me, we set up the crib and furniture this weekend and now I am getting to the tracing. Hopefully this one won't take me 8 months to complete!

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

ROBERTA!! The room looks AWESOME!!! WOW I'm super impressed.
Sorry you're not sleeping! If you ever need anything, let me know :) MISS YOU

Emily said...

what a wicked room! i love how you go all out on them! can't wait to see that baby's room!! good luck...hope you manage to get some sleep, that is definitely one of the worsts part of pregnancy!

Hailey said...

It looks fantastic!!! And exactly the decor I want for our kids when we have #3 (no plans yet) and they'll end up sharing...I LOVE it! Great job on the mural.

Check this out - it's on my list for when i do their rooms....thought you might like them!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SundayTreasures?section_id=6301725