I sometimes wish we could freeze time. Elliot is 5 months old today and it's just crazy to me how fast time has gone by.
We sure love him and can't imagine our family without him.
We got off to a rough start with him. He was a very difficult baby for the first 2 months. He cried a lot and nothing could stop it. I will be forever grateful for the family that helped us out. My sister in law Stacey, who took Clara to the bus every morning for me and picked her up and brought her home. She took Donovan so many times so I could have alone time with Elliot, which was so wonderful. I am also grateful for my mother in law. She came over many times to just hold Elliot. There were times that I had enough of holding him but it broke my heart to hear him crying. I am so grateful for her. One day she even came over just to bake bread for us. We love her bread and my house smelt so good too!
Then one day, Elliot snapped out of it. It was so sudden. He became the best baby ever! I do have to admit that from day 2 Elliot slept 6 hours every night. He has always been a good sleeper, for that I am very grateful.
Now Elliot smiles and laughs all the time. It brings me so much happiness to see that huge wide open mouthed grin of his. His smile is so contagious. I just love it!
He rolls all over the place and I am sure it won't be long until he is crawling everywhere. He loves his tummy and getting up on his knees. I just hope he holds off for 3 more weeks. It will be no fun having a crawler on the cruise.
The kids love him. He loves them. They love to make each other laugh. Seeing them together makes me so happy. What a great family we have!
Then there is Bella. She LOVES Elliot. She is so curious and puts her nose in his face all the time. I will often catch her trying to lick his face (GROSS). When I tell her to stop, she moves to his feet. She loves to kiss his feet! Every time he cries, she runs to him. She lets him grab her face and he has a very tight grip. (I would know because his favorite thing to grab seems to be my hair) It's sweet how much she loves him. Who would have thought that a dog could bring so much joy to a family!
I love watching Elliot grow, but it's sure sad all at the same time. This time is so precious and I am loving every second of it.
2 comments:
I love that kid!! He's so cute. Sorry you had a rough start, but SO glad that everything turned out alright.
i totally missed this post!! he is so cute!! i'm so glad he's good for you now, babies are so hard sometimes! :( i love how much bella loves him, that's adorable! we need to organize a playdate soon, i think i've only seen elliot once and it's been too long since i've seen you!
Post a Comment