This is what is taking over our life right now. I can't tell you how frustrating renos are, but it really is not fun having no kitchen. It is brutal. Our kitchen cabinets were supposed to be installed last Thursday, the 26th. When the guy got here he showed me one of our cabinet doors, and it was not nice at all. I was so sad when I saw it. It was the beautiful color I had asked for, but I had asked for a little glazing around the edges of the door. He did that alright, but it was this nasty, dull and gloomy grey color. It was so sad. I had asked for a brown. I guess he realized I wasn't impressed and after having a conversation about it...he said he would redo them for me. So they installed everything they could without installing the doors, which doesn't look like much, and doesn't give me a functional kitchen, but it took them all day so it must have been a lot of work. The next day I went to look at the new doors he had done for us...well he went brown, that's for sure!! He made it the darkest brown there is, and it wasn't just a little glaze, it was more like our cabinet doors had been taken over by this dark brown. After looking at it I realized it was actually pretty, not what I wanted, but it was what it was, so I said it was fine. I sure hope that when he comes tomorrow to finish the kitchen that it looks good. I am so nervous!! I think it's the middle ground of my vision and his vision. Anyways...I just can't wait for this disaster to be over!! Here are some pics of before and now. I will post some after photos tomorrow (assuming it looks ok and I am not hiding in my bedroom).

If nothing else comes out of this experience...at least I have a nice fridge!!! I LOVE my fridge!!

These are our beautiful countertops...a nice pretty blue color. What were they thinking???


1 comment:
i'm so glad you put pics up. i sure hope everything works out with the cabinets!!! it was great seeing you today!! good luck with the rest of the renos. post some pics when you get a chance.
Post a Comment