
I just wanted to put some pictures up of our recent trip to Mexico. We went September 23-30 and we had so much fun. We went stayed at a resort in Playacar which is about 30 min. outside of Cancun. Let me tell you...it was so beautiful, the beach was absolutely incredible. Perfect white sand, clear blue water, and the weather couldn't have been better for us. Our only problem...our camera broke the day we went to the ruins. We went to Mexico on our honeymoon and our camera got stolen, so we have no pictures from that trip. I said I would not let our camera out of my sight this trip. I lived by that statement, unfortunately it didn't prevent our camera from breaking. I was so mad. We had an underwater camera that we took a few pictures with, but the biggest blessing was this couple we met from Holland in Tulum. They were so nice to take a picture of us, but on top of that, they sent us all the pictures that they had taken that day. Turns out he works at KPMG in Holland, which gave Jeff and him something to talk about. I am so grateful for them...they couldn't possible understand how much it meant to me!!! Anyways...here are a few pictures that we did leave Mexico with.
This picture is the view we got from our hotel room. The guy who checked us in really hooked us up, because the room we were supposed to have faced a courtyard that had nothing special in it.
I know I am super fat in this picture at Tulum, but I figure it's because the camera was from Holland.

This is a picture of Tulum...it was really neat to see this...we had a tour guide relate the ruins to the Book of Mormon...either it was too hot to understand, or I just wasn't listening. Hopefully Jeff got something out of it!!
Gotta love McDonalds...it's the same no matter where you go!! The view is just nicer in Cozumel
We went snorkelling at this place called Xel-Ha, it was so much fun. We got to swim with these nasty looking fish that were so huge and lots of smaller fish that were definately a lot prettier. We also got to swim in this cave and that was pretty cool too. We got to take tubes down the river and we could have gone cliff jumping, but the cliffs were so small it didn't look like it was worth the effort to climb to the top.



I know this picture is not the greatest, in fact it sucks, but if you look at the top of the picture there is a stingray. We were snorkelling just on the beach by our hotel and all of a sudden we came across this. Now this was just after Steve Irwin had his accident with a stingray, so you better believe that we took off fast!!! It wasn't the only one we saw, but it was our first and it sure caught us by suprise.

4 comments:
YEAHHHHHHH!!! i'm soo glad you decided to start blogging!! woohoo.
love the pictures of mexico. it makes me miss it sooo much.when and why are you going to boston?
I got so excited to see your name!! I'm glad you joined all of us crazy bloggers! Keep em coming.
holy crap you guys look like you had soooo much fun! I love mexico, we usually go to Cabo when we go, We totally got robbed on our honey moon to! HA.
OH and we went to Mexico on our honeymoon to, that's why I thought it was so funny, that we both got robbed!
Post a Comment