Well...this was probably the most memorable part of our trip to New York this weekend. It was so overwhelming to actually visit the place where 9/11 happened. To be honest...I never thought much of it, it didn't directly affect me, and it was so easy to forget about. Being here opened my eyes to what a horrible, horrible thing this was. The picture of the wall with the clouds and pictures was the hardest part to see. It was full of artwork from children who decorated it in rememberance of someone close to them. Most of them were for their fathers. I can't get over the feelings that I felt there. Reading what these kids wrote. There were many parents who died that tragic day, and it was just such a reality to get a glimpse of how this affected so many. Some parents left behind multiple children. One picture I won't forget was of a rainbow and the kid wrote, 'in memory of my dad, who is on the top of the rainbow'. I don't know why, but that is something that will probably remain in my head forever. There were so many pictures and so many lifes affected that I just couldn't even take it all in. I now wish I had taken more pictures, but at the time, I just couldn't, it was too hard. They had a timeline of events posted and it was so crazy to see it all written out like that. What a wake up call to me this visit was. We are so blessed.

This is a memorial from the church that is directly accross the street from the site. The church was just full of memorials and history.
This is as close as you could get to the actual site, there was a lot of construction, but this is where the twin towers used to stand.
No comments:
Post a Comment