We started out on the 23rd with a trip to Cardston to visit Jeff's parents and Jeff's grandpa. That was a lot of fun because we don't get much one on one time with his parents, so it was really nice to have that.
We spent Christmas eve are Derek and Julie's and that was also a good time. They got their kids some neat presents for Christmas, including a ping pong table and a basketball game, like that actual game in the arcade where you have a shoot out side by side. That is a fun game and is very addicting!! All the kids that were there acted out the nativity, maybe next year Clara will participate!!
We had Christmas morning just the four of us. It was so fun, I sure love my family. Watching Clara open presents was great. Every present she opened she would gasp and say WOW!! That was cute to see. She is just so sweet and so much fun. We got her tickle me elmo this year and she loves elmo so I thought she would love it! Not so much. She was so terrified of him!! Donovan even more so, he kept crying every time he started up! It was so funny. Donovan wasn't into Christmas at all, he kept crawling over his presents. Not even interested in the wrapping, or the ribbons or bows. Not that I expected him to be. Clara took care of opening his presents. She now thinks they are hers and won't share with him. I think we will be trying to solve that issue for a long time coming.
The afternoon we went to my parents house. We were all spoiled. The kids got tons, but we got our fair share as well! Thanks mom! It is always fun to be with my family on Christmas. Dinner was amazing, and now I have to work on losing a few pounds!
I sure loved Christmas this year. Having kids sure has helped me appreciate family more. Seeing their faces light up over the simplest things reminds me that those are the treasures in my life!!
3 comments:
Roberta, thank you sooo much for the blanket and the little outfit. i can't wait till Andee fits into it!! it's sooo cute!! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas...that is sad about Clara being scared of Elmo though!!
i love your family picture! it's so cute. that's too bad about elmo! i'm sure he'll grow on them. it was great hanging out with you. i wish it could've been longer. so sorry the power went out, although it does make for a good story.
can't wait to see you again.
What a cute Christmas morning picture. I love how all little kids are always in new christmas jammies! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm sure Brooklyn will have her turn being the screaming kid! HOw is it being a nursrey leader? I can't imagine it being a easy calling.
Post a Comment