Sunday, June 17, 2007

Our Recent Adventures




We have had some exciting things happen in our lives the last little while. The biggest being that Jeff finally has his time in articling!! It's crazy to me that it is finally over. Once Jeff gets his papers submitted, he will officially be a CA!! Being a CA brings a lot of opportunity. Jeff can now switch jobs and persue what he really wants to do. Another thing he can do is apply for a secomdent, which is basically a transfer within KPMG to another firm, anywhere in the world for a certain period of time!! We have decided this is what we are going to do. We looked into going this October, but his firm would not let him leave until after busy season this year. So, we are going to go away next May!! We have chosen Australia, and we will leave for 18 months. That brings us back just in time for Clara to start kindergarten back home. I am probably the most excited about this. I have spent hours and hours learning everything I can about this amazing country.

I hope the next 11 months go fast. I think they will because we are going to Vegas in August, and Jeff has another business trip to Boston in November. This time it could be as long as 3 weeks or as short as 2. Regardless, I will be packing up the kids and heading to Boston with Jeff for that month. I can't wait, Boston is a beautiful place and I am excited to have more time to spend there! After the trip it will be busy season for Jeff and that ends in April. Then it is time to pack up and head to Australia!!

In the meantime, we will enjoy our lives and look forward to summer. We have been having such a great time enjoying the nice weather. Whether it be Calaway Park, the zoo, or just playing in our yard, we are loving it! I can't wait for summer to officially be here, then I can take the kids to the water park, I know they will love that. It is so fun to watch them enjoy their lives, I love seeing them so happy. There is nothing better than seeing a smile on their faces.















2 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

WOW...that is big news. That will be such an adventure. You will have so much fun. Woo hoo. I love the picture of you and DOnovan. You look so beautiful in it.

Alysha Sladek said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you guys!!!! I'm still hoping I can save up and come visit!!!!!!! It'll be such and AWESOME experience for your family and what a better time to go!! I also have to say that I love the look of your blog! How did you get the slideshow at the header? Can't wait to see you in a few days!!