Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Clara and the Firetruck

Well, this post is dedicated to George. After he told me he was disappointed in not seeing me post about this, I figured I better do it, even if it is not funny to me yet. Hopefully one day it will be.

We had a nephew get baptized last weekend so we were all at the church for that. We were all standing in the hall chatting as we were preparing to leave. All of a sudden the fire alarm is going. Jeff looks at me and says, "That was Clara". I looked over at Clara, who was no more than 4 feet away from me, and sure enough, she was standing under the pulled fire alarm. She was hysterical, or maybe that was me. I was told I could do nothing to stop the fire department from coming, so I let it happen. Thank goodness the baptism was over. Jenn took Clara outside for me because I was not impressed and I was really embarrassed that my child would do such a thing.

I must say it took a while before the fire department showed up, it was a good thing that there really wasn't a fire because I can't imagine how much it could have spread in that time.

Anyways, I guess when they got there Jeff told them it was pulled by a kid. They had to go inside and check, and while they were inside all the kids were getting their picture taken in front of the firetruck. I had Jenn take a picture of Clara, although I was not sure I wanted to remember this experience.
I found out the other day that Anthony, the nephew who was baptized, was thrilled and had his picture taken in front of the fire truck. I am happy to say that at least my child made his day more memorable.

So here it is, the picture that proves that my child is in fact, not perfect.

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

funny!!! hahahhahahaha i'm glad you posted that!!! you'll look back and laugh, but i'd be pretty upset too! sounds like something ella would do!

Emily said...

Haha! That is hilarious! I would have been mortified! And I would have done just what Jeff did and just blame a "child". That's so funny!

The Currie's said...

That's funny! I would be embarrassed to if Wyatt did that. Pretty funny.