Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mommy Tag

Typical time of wake-up: 6AM

On a good night when you/kids go to sleep: About 7:30

How long you have been a momma: Just over 3 years

How many times have you been a new mom: 2 times

How old were you when you became a mom (is this to personal?): Just turned 23

Favorite Kids show: Little Einsteins, Backyardigans

Least Favorite Kids show: Big Comfy Couch, Max and Ruby, Caillou

Favorite chore: Laundry

Least favorite chore: Cleaning my hardwood!!!

Meal you cook most often: I don't have one

Kids favorite meal: Breakfast, anything that has to do with breakfast

5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom:

-when Donovan sings Popcorn popping, the part "it wasn't really so, but it seemed to me", he points his finger and gets this serious face with pouty lips and that makes my hearth melt!
-when the kids hug and kiss each other before bed, or any time of day for that matter
-when Clara tells me she loves me (Donovan just doesn't do that yet, hopefully one day soon)
-When we watch movies as a family
-When the kids learn something new, like Donovan is learning his colors and Clara is learning to write her name, and it's so neat to see them accomplish things like that

Favorite thing your husband does with your kids: When he does puzzles with Clara and when he goes swimming with Donovan, I don't know what it is, but I just love seeing him do those things!

Last time you went out with no kids: I think it was a Flames game last week

If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be: Back to Disneyland, or Disney world, I can't wait to take them there again!

Favorite pastime/activity with kids:
Shopping! They both love going shopping! I also love the zoo and Calaway Park

1 thing you said you would never do when you were a mom: Bribe them, I swore it wasn't effective parenting, well I find myself doing it at least once a week.

If you had an afternoon to yourself what would you do? Go for a massage

Favorite kids book: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, the kids LOVE that book and it's so fun to read to them because they get so excited about it.

Best advice for a new mom: Hold that little baby as much as you want, don't let anyone tell you you can spoil them by holding them too much. They grow too fast and you never know if you will have another to hold like that again.

Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom: When Donovan was in the hospital. The Doctors kept telling me he was so sick and they listed so many scary things that could be wrong with him. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain and I will never forget the day they sent us out of the room in the ER so they could put that IV in and we were in another wing of the hospital and I could still hear him screaming. Going back to that room seeing my baby so sad and so helpless was the hardest feeling I have ever felt.

Most joyful moment as a mom: Holding my babies for the first time.

Last time your child told you they love you: Only a few minutes ago Clara told me she loves me

Last time you said I love you to your kid(s):
Just a few minutes ago. I try to tell my kids as much as I can


2 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

so fun to read. Your kids are so lucky to have you.

Alysha Sladek said...

that was scary with donovan. i remember that! your kids are so cute and i can't wait to se eyou guys again. hopefully soon!