Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update

We are alive and our lives are returning to some sort of normal level. I figured it was time to update our blog, it has been way too long.

We took the kids to ride Thomas and Donovan still doesn't stop talking about it. He LOVED it! He loves trains. It's so cute to see him so happy over something so simple.






We kicked off the summer by taking a trip to Vegas with my office. I am so fortunate to work for the orthodontist I do. I worked with him before I had Clara, and I always wished that I had found the office sooner. I feel so lucky that they were in need of a part time employee, so I work Mondays only. It's a nice break for me, and I love my job. I love the girls I work with, and I love working for my boss. We got to stay at the Bellagio and we had a sweet room with views of the fountains and strip! It was a much needed trip as both Jeff and I were at our breaking point before this trip. Jeff has been working crazy hard and lots of hours and has spent some time out of the country.


View from our room



So we couldn't sell our house, but we sure had no problems renting it! We had tons of interest in renting. It was crazy how many people we heard from and are still hearing from. We rented the house for a year as of July 3 and we didn't take possession of our house until July 17th. So we had 2 houses and nowhere to live. Thank goodness for parents. We moved in with Jeff's parents and we felt very fortunate to have that option. We are extremely grateful to them for letting us invade their space. Also thanks to them for allowing me to potty train Donovan while living there. One day he decided he had to pee in the potty and there was no turning back. He's doing pretty good. He still has accidents, but I'm really happy with his progress.

As you can imagine, the kids were great help with packing and moving. Here they are here, showing us how much help they really can be. Or how much they can get in the way...however you choose to look at that.

We have made many trips to Calaway Park. Too bad we moved so far from there. The kids love Calaway. Hopefully they will love the lake here, and then it won't matter that our trips to Calaway are few and far between.


What would July be like without Stampede breakfasts?! I took the kids to a couple, and they LOVED it. I think their favorite food is pancakes. Seriously. We took a day to go to the Stampede with my mom. Mainly to visit Dora and Diego. I tell you, that was pure chaos. We got there and the line was CRAZY long and they told us they couldn't guarantee that we would get to meet them. I figured, I came all the way to the Stampede to meet Dora and Diego, we were going to meet them! So, we stood in line for 2 hours!!!! We did get to meet them though. Poor Donovan wasn't sure at first. Finally he went and gave Diego a high five. As we walked away he screamed, he wanted to see Diego. He whined about it for about 2 hours after the fact because he didn't get to hug Diego.

Donovan riding his pony. He got on the horse, lifted his hat up in the air and said 'Yee haw' It was really cute.

So...now we are living in our new house. It's WAY too big for our little family, but it's super nice and we are happy to be here. I imagine if the market ever picks up again we will be selling the house and move into something a little smaller and more affordable, but at this point, we are here and we are loving it. We are almost unpacked, but we don't have blinds yet. I procrastinated on that, and now I am regretting it. It gets SO hot in here. So today we put sheets up that Jeff's mom lent to us. It may not be pretty, but it sure feels better now. Once we are completely settled, I will post pictures of the house, but right now it's too messy, it would be embarassing!

Hopefully my next post will be sooner than 5 months from now, but I make no promises!!

2 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

FINALLY!!! :) I've been waiting for a new post. I love your stampede outfits! SO cute! Can't wait to see the new place. Where is the Thomas train? That looks like fun. I'm glad you guys were able to take off to Vegas. What a fun trip. Hopefully some good shows and shopping too... Please dont' want so long on the next post... I love seeing everything that you're up to. Miss you!

FamiLee said...

That sounds great! I love all your pictures...your kids are so cute in their Stampede outfits. So glad that things worked out for you. It must have been a crazy couple of months. Hope you start feeling more settled =)