Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10 Years!!!

 It was 10 years ago today that I married the love of my life. We have had an incredible journey so far and I am excited to see what the future holds for us. Here are some highlights of our marriage.

- The most obvious and most important, we have 3 beautiful children who bring us so much joy. They add so much excitement to our lives

- We have moved 10 times in our marriage, so it's not a good thing that we are moving one more time next month! 11 times in 10 years!

- The first place we ever bought was an apartment condo in Rocky Ridge, we lived in it for maybe 6 months...who would of thought that that $5000 down payment would turn into the house we are moving into now?! Good luck finding anything with a $5000 down payment now! I think that condo cost us $125,000. Crazy how times have changed!

- We had a dog, Sabey, she was a crazy dog, but she was a good dog. We had to give her back because our lives weren't suited for her. It was a very sad day. It was the first time I ever saw Jeff cry.

- We have been to Mexico twice without children. Once was our honeymoon but we have no pictures because our camera was stolen.

- Jeff completed 1 year of university before we were married and 3 years after. He worked like a dog. Full time in university and at one point he held 2 jobs, neither were glamorous. Thankfully he landed a job at First Calgary part way through his 2nd year of university.

- We got a rejection letter from the U of C business school after his second year of university. We had no idea what we were going to do with ourselves. Luckily, a few weeks later they couriered a letter of acceptance to us!

- Jeff completed his designation as a CA and it has been an incredible blessing to our family. He has been blessed with great jobs that allow him to be home with the family instead of drowning in work.

- We have traveled to Disneyland or Disneyworld 5 times with our children and I see many more trips to come!!

- 5 years after giving Sabey back, we were in a better position and found Bella. I swore we would never have a dog, but caved and I am so glad we did because she brings a lot of happiness to our family.


- Jeff had the opportunity to work for a company that took him across the world many times. He was able to travel to Singapore on numerous occasions, and Paris twice with this company. He always said he would take me but never did. In all fairness the timing was never right. I have told him he has to take me there at some point in our lives.

- We have been very fortunate to travel with my office a few times without kids. Once on a Caribbean cruise, once to Las Vegas and once to Victoria. We have an amazing family who is so willing to help us out so we can take advantage of these amazing vacations.

- As a 10 year anniversary celebration we took our kids on a Disney cruise with my parents and his parents. Turned out to be THE BEST VACATION ever!! I do need to blog about that trip so I don't forget about what an amazing time that was!

- We bought a timeshare in Fairmont, which we haven't used yet, but we are VERY excited to use it next year!

For my 10 year anniversary gift he spoiled me and we upgraded my diamond in my wedding ring. It's not like I ended up with a 2 carat diamond or anything, and its not something that will get noticed, but it is something that means so much to me!
 As you can tell, we have both gained some weight since our wedding day...what can I say, we were young then and I love my husband even more now then I did then. We were so young when we got married but I am so happy we have embarked on this journey together. There is not one other person I would rather spend my life with and I am so grateful for this man! He is an amazing father and an amazing husband. I could not ask for anything more in my life!

2 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

i looove this post. happy 10 years. amazing how much happens in such a short time and yes we have our challenges, but we wouldn't want it any other way, right?
I hope you had an amazing anniversary!

Leah said...

How did I not notice that you updated? Happy Anniversary! What a fun ten years it has been. It's funny how so much has happened and yet it feels like you haven't been married for very long either! Good thing Jeff found a job at First Calgary! Otherwise we might not have become such good friends!