We are headed to Langdon and have bought a house that is not too far from the school there and that will be a great house for our family.
Here are a couple of teaser pictures of the new house...you will have to come visit to see the rest.

The house is listed as a bungalow with a loft. It's a pretty interesting layout. The house has a huge main floor with everything you would expect on the main floor, including a decent size laundry room with a sink! Which if you know me is a huge plus. I LOVE having a sink in my laundry room and think of it as a necessity. The main level also has the master bedroom with a nice closet and decent en suite. The en suite has a large shower with 2 shower heads! We are pretty excited about that. The walk out basement is unfinished and I am pretty excited to develop that the way we would want it done. Where are the kids bedrooms you ask? Well, there is a small upstairs in the house. All that you find up there is a full bathroom, 2 bedrooms and a small loft area. Perfect for the kids. They have their own level. I see no reason for us to go up there except to put the kids to bed. Although we do plan on putting 2 bedrooms in the basement to eventually move Clara and Donovan down there. I guess Elliot will have a whole floor to himself, who would complain about that, right?
And then there is the yard. We can't complain about that, it's huge! The house is on a lot that is just shy of 1/4 of an acre, which is about what our house is on now. This house has not much front yard, so that land is all back yard. I wish I had a better picture, but I don't. Even more reason for visitors! I do want to point out the huge stamped concrete patio. We first saw this type of cement patio at Jeff's aunts house. I thought it was cool there, and now we get to enjoy it at our own house.

The house has some interesting features about it that you wouldn't pay extra for, but we are pretty excited to have them. Jeff is excited about the underground sprinklers. We don't have them in our yard and he struggles to water our yard cause it's so big there is no water pressure by the time it gets through the hose to the sprinkler in the yard. I am excited about the cool blinds the house has on the huge windows. I am excited that our master bedroom is on the main level. I am so excited for my laundry room sink and a bigger kitchen. I love the look of the rounded corners in the house, such a simple thing that usually costs too much to be worth paying for.
We will definitely miss Chaparral. Jeff has a brother here and we are good friends with their family. It is hard to leave that behind and it was the hardest thing to overcome when making this decision. We love the people in our ward and we love having a lake. We have great neighbours and it's scary to trade them in not knowing what we will be getting. Clara is so sad to leave her friends and her school. I sure hope this works out for us because I will feel really bad if we end up hating life in Langdon. I don't anticipate that happening, but we won't know until we get there.
We have just over a month to pack up the house and move into the new place. I am SO excited!!!

4 comments:
Congratulations! You and your sweet family will be greatly missed! May this new adventure, lead you to a great ward, and community! Love the home!
I'm SOOO excited for you! The house looks great. can't wait to come see it all in person. Let me know what I can do to help with the move.
How fun and exciting! I love the pictures. What about those of us that live far away? Will you show us more when you move in? I'm so happy that everything is working out for you! Small town life is awesome, and how lucky to be only 20 minutes from a major city! Good luck with the move!
That is sooo exciting!! It looks amazing! Everything sounds awesome! Jeffrey's and my dream home is a bungalow! Can't wait to come see it, you'll have to invite us all over when you're settled in!! Good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment