Sunday, November 06, 2011

Halloween 2011

Introducing our princess kitty (with her hockey super fan cousin)....
and our monster crew....
We started our Halloween weekend with trunk or treating at Jeff's brothers ward. The kids loved it. They had a parade around the gym, which kids always love. Then we all headed outside to do some trunk or treating. We have never been to a ward with so few primary children, so it was funny to see the kids finish visiting all vehicles after 15 minutes. I think my kids ended up visiting all the vehicles 3 times. Hopefully the ward didn't mind that we crashed their party and took advantage of them...
This is my nephew in the parade.
Elliot hung out with me in the back of the truck while I passed out candy. I couldn't resist posting another picture of this adorable face.
I went to Clara's school to watch the Halloween parade. It was a bit of a joke and nothing compared to Chaparral's, but the kids enjoyed it. We barely saw Clara as she ran right past us to catch up to her class, so I caught her in the hall afterwards and took a picture of her and her friend.
 
Elliot and I joined Donovan in his classroom for a small party they had. I don't have any great pictures of that, but I wanted to mention it so you don't think I left Donovan out.
So this is obviously our first Halloween in our new house and new town, which was pretty exciting. You always here how small towns are the best for trick or treating. However, we have this tradition of trick or treating with the cousins, we can't forget about that. It wasn't a unanimous decision, but we trekked to Chaparral for one last year of trick or treating there.
Who would want to miss out on trick or treating with their cousins when they have this much fun? The hockey superfan is missing from this picture, he kept falling off the stairs and I guess I didn't get a good picture of him. 

Stacey fed us a yummy dinner, as always and the kids headed out. Elliot made it to one house and he scored a full size box of Smarties. The kids went trick or treating for a good hour or so and made out like bandits with their loot. We left a little early so we could trick or treat around our block. They went to a few houses here, but by the time we made it a lot of houses had already turned off their lights for the night. We look forward to trick or treating here next year, as we heard some great stories. Most houses decorate like crazy here, and there are a few haunted houses as well. There are some streets that were so packed with kids we couldn't drive through if we wanted to. It all seems very exciting and makes me look forward to seeing what the neighbourhood has in store for Christmas decorating.

No comments: