We were fortunate enough to purchase a timeshare in Fairmont last year that offers us a chance to use it once a year in the summer or at Christmas. I look forward to the many years to come that we will spend as a family here. Jeff grew up visiting Fairmont with his family, so it is a wonderful tradition to pass on to our children. We were double lucky to have 2 chances to visit this year because Jeff's parents take the family every other year, and this was the year. Unfortunately, they weren't able to join us of course.
Our first trip was the week of Canada day. We had a great time with my parents and even my brother and his wife came for a few days. It was great to share this time with them. We spent most of days swimming in the indoor pool as it wasn't quite hot enough for the outdoor pool yet, but that didn't matter. We had so much fun. Jeff even took the kids to visit his sisters place nearby and she took them out on their boat. They had a blast!! On our drive home we passed 2 bears! I think I have seen a bear twice in my life, so it was neat to see 2 bears at one time.
Elliot was not a fan of the water
We had a summer of zoo visits, Calaway park trips, a couple of trips to Butterfield Acres, we spent a few days in Cardston and of course got some good old Stampeding in.
I had never seen the 'end' of a rainbow before, this was really neat to see. It's actually a double rainbow and we saw both ends of both rainbows, right across the street from us.
Of course the rainbows followed a terrible hail storm that caused of $6000 in damage to our truck.
Gotta get some good old quad riding in at some time, right?
In the fighter copter at the Stampede
We spend our second week in Fairmont sharing a unit with Stacey and her kids. Brad and Jenn were also there at the same time as us. It was fun for the kids to spend some time together. I'm so grateful that our kids have so many cousins to spend time with and share memories like this with. This week in Fairmont the weather was a lot nicer, so we spent a lot more time at the outdoor pool. It's a little bit of a challenge with Lydia and Elliot, so most of the week, one of us stayed back with them while the other went swimming. I'm excited for them to grow and enjoy Fairmont like our older kids do. We also did swimming lessons this week at the hot springs. The kids really enjoyed it. They experienced jumping off the diving board for the first time, which was a highlight of their week.
Elliot warmed up to swimming by our second trip to Fairmont
We finished off our summer by spending it in Montana. My parents recently purchased a timeshare there. I wasn't sure what we were getting into by driving so far for a vacation in an apartment building. I sure was pleasantly surprised! It may have been an apartment condo, but it was just as big or bigger than our house! It was a 3 bedroom apartment, with 4 bathrooms, a huge kitchen and a great patio. There was an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, but the indoor was closed for maintenance. Thankfully the weather was perfect and we enjoyed being outside. Jeff wasn't able to take the week off, but he surprised me and got a few days off to spend with us. I got to shop a lot in Kalispell, which was wonderful. I LOVE groceries in the states. I stocked up on all the goodies and packed my truck completely full for the drive home. I don't think anything else would have fit in the back.
Good old tether ball
I wasn't ready for summer to be over, but all good things come to an end. We found out who the kids teachers were upon our return, and we got ready for school to start. I am definitely excited for summer again next year. I just love summer. I love the weather. I love the time I get to spend with my kids. I love that Jeff's parents will be back next summer, so we get to spend time with them as well.
1 comment:
looks like an awesome summer. how great to have a place to go and spend time together away from everything else. and shopping in the states... SO JEALOUS!! one day i'll make it there ;)
Post a Comment