This was the first year we were around for our street's annual block party. It was a lot of fun for everyone. I feel so fortunate to live in such a great town with such great people. The block party was technically part of our summer, but I thought it deserved it's own post. I just love living here, I know I said it already, and it won't be the last time I say it. We have met some wonderful people, made some great friends and really enjoy our ward. It was tough moving here and I remember fighting back my own tears as I watched Clara cry about how she missed her friends on a daily basis, but I am so grateful we ended up in this town.
The block party started with a bike parade and my sister in law, Stacey, who grew up in a small town, gave us some great ideas for our kids. I wasn't sure how much people put into the bike parade, but it turns out, our neighbors really go all out for it. Lucky for us, we had a baby to use for our contribution to the parade which may have slightly given us unfair advantage. We had Clara dress up as a zoo keeper with a sign on her bike saying "Kearl zoo" and we attached the wagon to her bike. We built a cage over the wagon and dressed Lydia up as a zebra and Elliot as a giraffe and put them inside. We had Donovan on a tricycle trailing the others with a sign on the back saying, "Don't feed the animals". The kids won the bike parade and got a trophy filled with candy for it.
The kids with the trophy and one of our neighbors, Donovan's good friend.
Elliot wanting to be like his big brother and play some street hockey in between outfit changes.
What a great day we had and I look forward to enjoying it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment