Tuesday, January 29, 2013

First Day of School - Sept 3, 2012

It was the moment I had been waiting for since we moved here, both my kids being excited about starting school. While I knew I wasn't ready for them to leave me, I also knew it was going to be a good year. Both of them are in great classes with fantastic teachers. Donovan knew one boy who was in his class and thankfully his mom and I have become friends so they were comfortable around each other when school started. Clara is so lucky to have all but one of her best friends in her class, including our neighbor and a lot of girls from her dance class.
Both of them were put in split classes this year. Donovan is in a 1/2 split which I think will be a great challenge for him. He needs to be challenged and so I am relieved that he will see that this year.
Clara is in a 3/4 split, which is also good for her. She strives to be challenged and being in this class will help her be successful, I'm sure of it. Of course, only if she can keep herself applied, having so many friends in her class may become her biggest challenge.

She is so grown up, I can't believe she's in grade 3 already.
Donovan wanted a mohawk and of course his hair is way too long for that, so I spiked it for him. I know it isn't his best look, but it made him happy.


I am so grateful for these two kids. They are such a delight to be around and help me so much. I am thankful that they are both well above their grade level in many areas of their academics. I know they are both going to be very successful in life and I can't even take credit for that. They just naturally came by their talents and it makes me so happy that they both enjoy learning and reading and challenging themselves. I am thankful that Clara has made some amazing friends here and that Donovan makes friends so easily. He has such a bright personality and other kids just seem to gravitate towards him. I love these two so much and hope that I can continue to provide them with the support they need to become successful and happy in life. I often wonder if I have taught them enough and then I remember, they are both so smart and so driven that anything I haven't taught them, they will figure out all on their own.

No comments: